We work with those affected by:
• Functional Neurological Disorders/Conversion Disorders
• Concussion, Traumatic Brain injuries – open closed head injuries
• Cerebellum Ataxia, Cerebral Palsy, Post stroke
• Movement Disorders- MSA, PSP, PA
• Vertigo, Central & peripheral Vestibulopathy, Cervicogenic Dizziness, BPPV
• Autism, ADHD, Visual, Auditory & Sensory processing disorders
• Learning Disorders, ADD, Dyslexia, Working Memory
• Peripheral Neuropathies
• Suboccipital Neuralgia
brain based rehab which integrates the study and application of neuroscience and biomechanics.
An alteration to the brain or body due to a biomechanics, inflammatory or neurological insult results in a change in function not just to the brain but to many areas of the body.
These changes result in inappropriate information being sent to the relay centers of the brain.
The Vestibular System is responsible for regulating balance, movement, muscle control, posture and eye position and stability. The vestibular system is most often one of the major culprits in the sensory mismatch of feedback to our brain. By using sensory, motor and receptor based applications we can improve pathways to the brain which have become altered due to inappropriate feedback. Treatments are intended to integrate brain functioning and retrain the parts of the nervous system that may be malfunctioning by creating neuroplasticity. Treatment is not a” one size fits all” approach. Rehabilitation programs are dependent on your exam findings. The longer someone’s brain is adapting to negative changes, the longer it will take to rehabilitate their way out of it.