We work with those affected by:
- Functional Neurological Disorders/Conversion Disorders
- Concussion, Traumatic Brain injuries – open closed head injuries
- Cerebellum Ataxia, Cerebral Palsy, Post stroke
- Movement Disorders- MSA, PSP, PA
- Vertigo, Central & Peripheral Vestibulopathy, Cervicogenic Dizziness, BPPV, PPD
- Autism, ADHD, Visual, Auditory & Sensory processing disorders
- Developmental Expressive Language Disorder
- Learning Disorders, ADD, Dyslexia, Working Memory
- Peripheral Neuropathies
- Sub-Occipital Neuralgia
Functional Neurology is brain based rehab which integrates the study and application of neuroscience and biomechanics. An alteration to the brain or body results in a change in function. These changes result in inappropriate information being sent to the relay centers of the brain.
The Vestibular System is responsible for regulating balance, movement, muscle control, posture and eye position and stability. By using sensory, motor and receptor based applications we can improve pathways to the brain which have become altered due to inappropriate feedback. Treatments are intended to integrate brain functioning and retrain the parts of the nervous system that may be malfunctioning by creating Neuroplasticity.