Pre-Concussion screening evaluates your brain’s processing and thinking (cognitive) function, balance, and reaction speed prior to a head injury.
Most concussion symptoms are subjective. The Only validated research is vestibular function and gait analysis with cognitive function. All kids are at risk of concussion, especially those in contact sports. If you suspect a concussion, pull the athlete from play and follow up with a health care provider.
What you can expect during your Pre-Concussion Screening
- Videonystagmography (VNG) – series of tests that evaluate the health of your vestibular (balance portion of inner ear) and your central motor function. VNG testing can help to uncover the root cause of your vertigo, dizziness or balance issues.
- Functional Brain Health Test
- Gait analysis with dual cognitive tasking
- Concussion screening both Adult or Pediatric
- Computerized Balance Testing
- Cognitive Assessment